There are 350 PowerPoint presentations given every second around the world. But none quite like this. Speechless shows off Silicon Valley's silly side by letting presenters live out their worst nightmare: giving a presentation with absolutely no preparation.
Created by Sammy Wegent and produced by the brains behind Mortified SF and The Freeze, Speechless puts entertainers, entrepreneurs, and audience members on the spot with nothing more than a stage, a microphone and a PowerPoint deck full of images that they've never seen.
A spinning wheel determines at random what kind of talk they have to give — it can be a TED Talk, a new app being launched, a quarterly report, even a wedding toast — and then our presenters do the best job they can to try to get through the show while attempting to leave the audience Speechless.
Speechless shows off Silicon Valley's silly side by letting presenters live out their worst nightmare: giving a presentation with absolutely no preparation. The show puts entertainers, entrepreneurs, and audience members on the spot with just a PowerPoint deck full of images that they've never seen and a topic determined at random by a spinning wheel. (That topic might be a TED Talk, a new app being launched, a quarterly report, or even a wedding toast.)
Then our presenters do their best to get through their talk while attempting to leave the audience Speechless.
Already proven to be a winner with theater audiences at the San Francisco Improv Festival and the San Francisco Sketchfest, as well as at our monthly shows at Public Works in downtown San Francisco,Speechless is also the perfect tool to help train people how to present in a whole new and refreshing way in the corporate world. We've used the Speechless tool kit to train folks at such forward-thinking companies as IDEO and Google, and now they're available for your company, too!
Three Training Modules
Speechless is an amazing way to help people in the business world expand their comfort zone! Contact us about coming to your company to show your team how!
- Hire Speechless to bring in seasoned presenters to perform a customized show.
- You provide images to our team and we create hilarious deck presentations highlighting your quarterly or yearly messaging.
- Your company provides us with slides that we tailor for a one of a kind show.
- Light individual attention
- Group presentations
Interactive Performance Module
- Put your money where you mouth is and have employees be a part of the show!
- Or even have your CEO or COO be one of the judges!
- Your company provides several volunteers to be presenters on stage.
- Allow the experts to tailor a workshop for your company:
- •public speaking
- •“improv thinking”
- •team building
- •brainstorming techniques
- •making/giving better presentations
- •using humor in the workplace
- Your company provides attendees for the workshops.
"Google I/O is supposed to be all about creating unique "moments of delight" for the attendees and I genuinely think Speechless's session is one the audience will remember for a long time. So thank you guys for thinking to bring it to I/O and thanks to everyone for making it happen."
– Reto Meier
Head of Scalable Developer Advocacy at Google, Inc.
For more information about our Speechless Shows and Workshops just fill out the form below.